For most people wearing a face covering is probably something you’re only having to do whilst popping out to the shops. Here in France we’re required to wear them all day, in the office and out in the street.
This of course can take a toll on your skin and it certainly did mine! Dry, rough skin, severe breakouts and overall discomfort set in pretty quickly once I started wearing my cotton mask all day.
Step one was to pick up a silk mask and it immediately made a difference! My skin was no longer irritate and the texture of this mask was so much more comfortable! Instead of scratching my skin it would glide on my cheeks. I picked mine up from The Big Silk.
Step two was to revamp my skincare routine. I tried SO many different serums and moisturisers and nothing was cutting it until I settled in to this set up. Through process of elimination I was mixing it up a product at a time until I found this skin perfecting solution.
If you have to buy one “hydration repairing” product the Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Oil is it!
- Kiehl’s Daily Refining Milk-Peel Toner – This is one of those ‘game changer’ products. Within a couple of weeks of using this I had that ‘glass skin’ effect that I’ve been chasing for years. Gently exfoliating my skin daily and revealing brighter, even skin with every use.
- Kiehl’s Iris Extract Activating Essence Treatment – This has been in my routine for years. A water-like liquid that helps prime the skin. Boosts radiance and helps all your products soak in.
- Skinceuticals H.A. Intensifier – A corrective serum to help reduce fine lines from dehydration. This is a Hyaluronic Acid product that feeds the skin and feels like it’s doing so much more than just sitting on the surface!
- Sunday Riley Juno Antioxidant + Superfood Oil – If you buy one thing this is it! Every time I use this products I get compliments on my glowing skin. It’s an antioxidant oil that completely gets right of that tight skin feeling. It really plumps my skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. This is a holy grail!
- Sunday Riley ICE Ceramide Moisturizing Cream – This is such a polarising product. A lot of people hate the smell and ultra-thick texture but I LOVE the marzipan scent and my skin just drinks this up. It sits nicely on my skin locking in all the products I used before
- Sunday Riley Autocorrect Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream – This product does what it says on the tin. Hydrating, brightening and lightweight, I love the results and the light-reflecting pigment helps fake a little more rest on groggy mornings.
- Sarah Chapman Skin Insurance SPF 30 – Hot DAMN is this SPF amazing. The smell is lush (think exotic holiday) and the tinted formula makes your skin absolutely radiant. Another product that receives a ton of comments when I wear it. The science behind it is also smart. A broad-spectrum SPF that’s bursting with anti-oxidants to fight against free-radical damage