Skincare posts can often be an epic tale of science, highs and lows, pros and cons and then some on a comparison table. In this post I’ll keep it simple. These products are the cream of the crop right now and in a few lines I’ll let you know why I’m constantly lugging them around. Even on the shortest of trips.
1. Shu Uemura Ultime 8 Cleansing Oil $98 – Liquid silk that melts off the slough of makeup from a long day and strips your skin of grime using eight botanicals. Brightening, strengthening, nourishing and oh my does it smell sublime — a staple in any cleansing routine.
2. The Body Shop Chamomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter $15 – Talk about exciting (well to me anyway) The Body Shop are releasing a cleansing butter that smells like childhood and makes your skin feel petal soft — seriously. It’s great for when your skin isn’t feeling it’s best and it soothes your skin and mind while you wash away the day’s face.
3. Pure and Simple Skin softening Lotion $34.95 – Sometimes all you need in life is a simple moisturizer that will do just that without irritating your skin. It’s non-greasy, super delicate and doubles up as an eye cream so it’s the perfect product to travel with (P.S. It’s all natural).
4. Indeed Labs Hydraluron $19.99 – If intense hydration is all you need then this serum is all you’ll want. Especially going in to fall I wear this baby when my skin is feeling tight.
5. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic $34 – I. Am. Obsessed. This is my favourite toner and has been for a while simply because it feel like silk. After washing your face with a foaming cleanser it can often feel and look dry, this toner will bring it back to health and then some. Instant revival in a bottle.
6. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa Mask $44 – I have a couple of overnight sleeping facial creams but since I love hydration so much (it’s the best skin problem solver) this one is my number one. Go to sleep with dull, lacking skin — wake up with a plump, bright, soft face. The only downfall? No kisses on the cheeks allowed when this is on so your beau won’t love it.
7. Rosa Artica Eye Balm $48 – This utra-soft eye cream has the best name ever. Pop it in the fridge for an extra cooling effect, it literally brightens, tightens and refreshes my eye bags in no time. I pretty much can’t wake up without it
8. Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 $42 – I wore this all through summer and I won’t stop now. The easiest way to get intense protection and although I’m not crazy about the scent, the light brown shade of the product adds a little warmth to my paling skin.
9. Clarisonic Aria $225 – I will never live without my Clarisonic. Ever. There’s something to be said about how iconic this product has become and I totally get why. It’s the answer to clearer, cleaner, brighter and smoother skin. This does what no product can but trust me when I say it boosts the results of anything you use and you’ll notice a difference within the first week.
10. Eucerin Clarifying $11.76 – I love toners, can you tell? The Eucerin Clarifying Toner works best for times when I’m having a bit of a breakout. It’s refreshing but gentle and I feel (though I could be imagining this) like it calms down the intensity of new breakouts that I often get.